Tonight I made Pots de Creme. I saw the recipe on Pioneer Woman's Food Network show. I was so surprised at how well it turned out. Its almost as easy as opening the freezer and opening the ice cream and delivers a MUCH better hit of chocolate! This dessert was gone so fast that I didn't get any pictures!
Here is Pioneer Woman's version with step by step pictures:
Pioneer Woman's Pots de Creme
Pots de Creme
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman
Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1.5 ounces good quality dark chocolate (optional)
2 eggs at room temperature
dash of salt
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa water
Whipped cream
Put everything but the cocoa water in a blender. A good way to get your eggs to room temperature without leaving them on the counter for an hour is to place them in a bowl of warm water. I used vanilla bean paste for the vanilla but normal extract would work just as well. Before you begin blending get your cocoa water ready. Boil 1/2 cup water and whisk in 1 Tablespoon of cocoa. This will replace the coffee in the original recipe.
With your chocolate, eggs, salt, and vanilla in the blender and the lid ON, begin blending. Slowly pour in the cocoa water as it blends. This will melt the chocolate and your creme will expand. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into your desired containers. I used 2 mason jars to make 2 shared desserts :) Place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
The result is a deliciously rich and thick chocolate creme. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment